Etosha, meaning ‘Great White Place’ is a vast arid park in the Northern section of Namibia covering 22, 750 sq km and is dominated by a massive mineral pan of about 5 000km². The ‘Pan’ provides a great, parched, silvery backdrop of shimmering mirages surrounded by semi-arid savannah grasslands and thorn scrub. When the pan contains water, which is after very good rains it stimulates the growth of a blue-green algae which lures thousands of flamingos.
This National Park is one of Southern Africa’s most loved National Parks offering excellent game viewing. Not only do you get to view Zebra, Wildebeast and springbok scatter across the endless horizon, the many waterholes in the national park attracts endangered black rhinoceros, lion, elephant, the elusive leopard, Giraffe’s and large numbers of antelope. This also can be viewed from the 3 main resorts in the National park – Okukuejo, Halali and Namatoni – all hosting a flood lit waterhole for evening viewing. Highlights of Etosha National Park and why travel with Acacia Africa?
- Fantastic game viewing at the waterholes, especially during the dry season (June to November)
- 2 nights staying inside the National park including morning and afternoon game drives
- A fantastic way to watch the animal behaviors and spectacular photo opportunities.
- The opportunity to view and learn about the 114 species of animals, 340 species of birds, 110 Reptile species and 16 Amphibians inhabiting the National Park by experienced Acacia crew members
- Great chances of seeing the endangered black rhinoceros
- Floodlit waterholes for all night time game viewing
- Malaria free
Check out our hot tours on offer that travel through Namibia and enjoy a game viewing desert adventure of a life time.
Blog by: Michelle Lewis, Acacia Sales & Marketing