Livingstone, Zambia is also known as Southern Africa’s Adventure Capital.
The city filled with everything from adrenaline-charged bungee jumping and white water rafting to more chilled walking safaris and river cruises.
For that reason, it’s worth including additional days at the start or end of your tour to explore all it has to offer.
– Grade 5 white water rafting on the Zambezi
– Bungee jumping off the main bridge between Zimbabwe and Zambia which plunges into the Batoka gorge
– Gorge Swinging
– Jet Boating
– Scenic Flights over the falls ( helicopter, microlight, plane)
– Walking safari – Mosi-oa-Tunya National Park (and be in with a chance to meet Inogwe, our anti-poaching rhino mascot)
Last on our list (as there’s always plenty more going on in Livingstone – they even have a NYE Carnival!) but by no means least, don’t forget to visit the mighty Victoria Falls themselves – this, the world’s largest falling curtain of water and one of the seven natural wonders of the world.
Around 550 million liters of water travels over the lip of the falls every minute, and perfectly located, surrounding the magnificent force of Mother Nature, is a luscious rain forest. Sustained year round by the spray from the falls themselves, here you’ll find plant species, that are rarely seen elsewhere in Zambia or Zimbabwe.
During peak flow, the Zambian side of the Falls is a spectacular sight and walkways lead to vantage points which require crossing the Knife Edge Bridge. Even then, Zimbabwe is said to have the best views, but we’ll leave that for you to decide.
Check out our overland tours visiting Zambia and get YOUR adventure on in Livingstone….
While there, and if you have time, you should look into the KAZA Uni-visa*, which allows travel between Zambia and Zimbabwe. Costing only USD$50, the Uni-visa allows tourists to obtain one visa to visit both countries multiple times within a month. The visa is valid for 30 days as long as the holder does not leave the two countries.
* For all visas you should check well in advance of your travels to make sure you have all the documentation that is required.